Friday, January 3, 2014

2014...

Happy New Year!

I'm not usually one to make New Year resolutions but I'm feeling differently this year.  There are some things that I need to be made accountable for.  Things that I want to accomplish.  Things that I should be doing that I feel guilty for not doing.  You catch my drift?  There is a very good chance that I will fail to a certain extent, but at least by writing it down I will have a guideline and a reminder to look back on.

one.  Take a picture a day. 
 In high school I was the designated picture-taker.  To the point that I got made fun of.  I've always been pretty good about documenting randomness, but I have to say that as life has gotten busier (ie. a husband and 2 kids), I tend to slack in that department.  This is one of those guilt things because I wish I was capturing all of those little moments with the girls that will be fun to look back on 10 years from now when this phase of life is long gone.  I have no excuses.  I have a DSLR and an iPhone.  This is just a kick in the butt to use them more often!
 
two.  Step out of my comfort zone more often.
This covers a variety of items in my life.  This blog for starters. I created it back in the summer and have hardly written on it.  I blame lack of confidence. My invitation business is another one.  I have remained pretty low profile and need to step out and try to capture more of an audience.  I would also like to try my hand at an Etsy shop.  I have some ideas and I just need to go for it.  Easier said than done.
 
three.  GET ORGANIZED.
I'm not sure where my life went wrong here.  I have always been a neat freak, but somewhere between moving into this house a few years ago and having another baby, I lost my rhythm.  My laundry room/craft room is a complete disaster and I don't even use my office any more because it is in total disarray.  There are other areas that I want to work on too, but those are the ones that need it the most.  Hoping to have this somewhat under control in the next few months.
 
That's it.  In a nutshell I just want to be a bit more on top of things and allow myself to be present instead of having a constant nagging feeling about the stuff that I want to be doing but am not.  A clear mind is a productive mind.
 
Cheers to a successful 2014!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment